BIS TO HOST EDUCATIONAL SEMINAR ON BACKUP AND DISASTER RECOVERY
Complimentary Lunch & Learn Event for Eastern Shore Businesses
Robertsdale, AL (December 15, 2016) – Business Information Solutions (BIS), experienced IT security company on the Gulf Coast, will host a free luncheon at Wintzell’s Oyster House located at 805 S Mobile Street in Fairhope, Alabama to provide local business owners and executives with a backup and disaster recovery plan.
Reservations are required and can be made by visiting askbis.com/seminar or calling 251.410.7601.
According to InfraScale, downtime costs a small business $8,000 per hour on average. BIS’ presentation aims to educate organizations on the importance of having a proper backup and disaster recovery plan in place to avoid data loss and downtime.
Who Should Attend?
This seminar is an executive briefing for business owners and managers who want to protect their company data from hackers, natural disasters and even their own employees.
Phillip Long, CEO of Business Information Solutions, will present on common misunderstandings every company has about their backups, the only way to know if data is being backed up properly and the two-step backup system every business must have in place.
“As a business owner, I understand the importance of uptime” said Long, owner of BIS. “If we experienced even one hour of downtime, I know just how much that would cost my business and it’s definitely not cheap.” (Photo: Phillip Long)
Long continues, “During our upcoming event, I’ll help you calculate the cost of downtime for your business as well as walk you through the components of a successful backup and disaster recovery plan to mitigate those risks.”
To learn more about this educational seminar, visit www.askbis.com/seminar.
About Business Information Solutions
Business Information Solutions, a division of BIS Technology Group, is a full-service IT support company specializing in comprehensive IT solutions to businesses on the Gulf Coast. Learn more by calling 251.943.1744 or visiting askbis.com. BIS is based in Robertsdale, AL.
About BIS Technology Group
BIS Technology Group is the technology leader on the Gulf Coast and is comprised of four divisions: information technology, web design & digital marketing, office equipment and business consulting. Together these divisions help local businesses exceed expectations and allow them to group to their full potential while minimizing risks. To learn more about BIS Technology Group, visit bistechnologygroup.com.
- The Insurance Company, Inc found that around 60% of laptops and 30% of desktops are damaged accidentally. Source: http://www.efolder.net/blog/dont-be-an-april-fool-back-up-your-data/
- If a business suffers substantial data loss, Boston Computing Network states that there’s a 60% chance that the business will go out of business within six months. Source: http://www.efolder.net/blog/dont-be-an-april-fool-back-up-your-data/
- On average, it takes a business 18.5 hours to recover from a disaster. Source: https://www.infrascale.com/25-disaster-recovery-statistics-for-2015-infographic/
- According to a study by CERN, software corruption happens in one out of 1,500 files. Source: eFolder eBook 5 Common Disasters that Strike
- The National Small Business Association fund that 50% of all small businesses will fall victim to a cyber crime. Source: eFolder eBook 5 Common Disasters that Strike
- Natural disasters account for 35% of downtime.