BIS HOSTS LAST CYBERSECURITY
SEMINAR FOR THE BUSINESS COMMUNITY
Complimentary Luncheon for Mobile Organizations
Robertsdale, AL (September 13, 2016) – Business Information Solutions (BIS), experienced IT security company on the Gulf Coast, hosts its last cybersecurity luncheon for Gulf Coast businesses on Thursday, October 27th from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM. The educational lunch-and-learn will be held at Bamboo Steakhouse and Sushi Bar in Mobile, Alabama. Reservations are required and can be made by visiting askbis.com/seminar or calling 251.410.7601.
Heimdal Security reported that everyday more than 600,000 Facebook accounts are hacked. Organizations who allow employees to access social media sites on their network may be putting their company at risk for a data breach. Business owners and executives attending the seminar will learn how to spot a cyber-attack on social media and through email. At the end of the presentation, they’ll have the option to sign up for free cybersecurity training for themselves and their employees.
Phillip Long, CEO of Business Information Solutions, will discuss his six security protections every company must have in place to thwart a cyber-attack.
“Today, hackers are doing everything in their power to infiltrate any account of yours including your social media accounts like Facebook and Twitter,” said Long, owner of BIS. (Photo: Phillip Long)
Long continues, “Someone hacking your Facebook account can be devastating for you and your company. Businesses as well as individuals need to be mindful of this type of infiltration and protect against it with proactive security measures.”
To learn more about this educational seminar, visit www.askbis.com/seminar.
About Business Information Solutions
Business Information Solutions, a division of BIS Technology Group, is a full-service IT support company specializing in comprehensive IT solutions to businesses on the Gulf Coast. Learn more by calling 251.943.1744 or visiting askbis.com. BIS is based in Robertsdale, AL.
About BIS Technology Group
BIS Technology Group is the technology leader on the Gulf Coast and is comprised of four divisions: information technology, web design & digital marketing, office equipment and business consulting. Together these divisions help local businesses exceed expectations and allow them to group to their full potential while minimizing risks. To learn more about BIS Technology Group, visit bistechnologygroup.com.
- A recent survey by the National Cyber Security Alliance and Symantec found that 77% of small and medium-size businesses (SMBs) believe they’re safe while 83% of SMBs take no formal measures against cyber threats — even though almost half of all attacks are aimed at them.
- Threat groups are typically present on a victim’s network before detection an average number of 205 days.
- Nine percent of the investigations BIS conducted in 2014, and 66 percent overall, did not detect the attacker on their own but learned of it from a third party such as a supplier, customer, or law enforcement.
- "Ransomware" threat is on the rise, but the bad news is that Ransomware campaigns are easier to run, and now, a Ransomware kit is being offered by hackers for free for anyone to download and distribute the threat. (Ransomware: a type of computer virus that infects a target computer, encrypts their sensitive documents and files, and locks the out until the victim pays a ransom amount, most often in Bitcoins.) Source: http://thehackernews.com/2015/05/ransomware-creator.html
- Trendmicro.com predicts that “2016 will be the year of online extortion” and attackers are expected to redouble their efforts around online extortion, including the continued use and evolution of ransomware and extortion-focused attacks.
- Phishing emails account for 91% of internet attacks today. https://heimdalsecurity.com/blog/10-surprising-cyber-security-facts-that-may-affect-your-online-safety/