FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Katie Faggard
BIS WILL EDUCATE LOCAL BUSINESS OWNERS ON CYBERSECURITY
Complimentary Luncheon for Pensacola Organizations
Robertsdale, AL (July 12, 2016) – Business Information Solutions (BIS), experienced IT security company on the Gulf Coast, will educate local business owners on cybersecurity and threat prevention at a lunch-and-learn event in Pensacola, Florida. The educational seminar will be held on Thursday, August 18th from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM at The Fish House located at 600 S Barracks Street. Reservations are required and can be made by visiting askbis.com/seminar or calling 251.410.7601.
On April 29, 2016, the FBI released a warning about the rise of Ransomware and how the number of attacks will only grow in 2016. This type of security threat is aimed at unsuspecting employees who click on links and download attachments in emails. Business owners who attend BIS’ educational seminar will also be provided with free cybersecurity training for their entire staff to educate their employees on how to identify a security threat and handle it appropriately.
Who Should Attend?
The presentation is better suited for business owners, managers and executives who want to learn how to implement a cybersecurity plan to protect their business from hackers.
Phillip Long, CEO of Business Information Solutions, will discuss how to thwart cyber- attacks, such as Ransomware and phishing emails, using his six security protections every company must have in place.
“Just in the last three months, I’ve seen a rise in Ransomware in the Mobile and Baldwin County areas,” said Long, owner of BIS. “When a business is hit with a sophisticated cyber-attack such as Ransomware, it can be extremely difficult to get confidential company data back when there was no restoration plan in place to begin with.” (Photo: Phillip Long)
Long continues, “Today, organizations must be proactive in protecting against security threats. In the end, it’ll save them time, peace of mind and thousands of dollars. I’ve always said ‘the best offense is a good defense.’”
To learn more about this educational seminar, visit www.askbis.com/seminar.
About Business Information Solutions
Business Information Solutions, a division of BIS Technology Group, is a full-service IT support company specializing in comprehensive IT solutions to businesses on the Gulf Coast. Learn more by calling 251.943.1744 or visiting askbis.com. BIS is based in Robertsdale, AL.
About BIS Technology Group
BIS Technology Group is the technology leader on the Gulf Coast and is comprised of four divisions: information technology, web design & digital marketing, office equipment and business consulting. Together these divisions help local businesses exceed expectations and allow them to group to their full potential while minimizing risks. To learn more about BIS Technology Group, visit bistechnologygroup.com.
- A recent survey by the National Cyber Security Alliance and Symantec found that 77% of small and medium-size businesses (SMBs) believe they’re safe while 83% of SMBs take no formal measures against cyber threats — even though almost half of all attacks are aimed at them.
- Threat groups are typically present on a victim’s network before detection an average number of 205 days.
- Nine percent of the investigations BIS conducted in 2014, and 66 percent overall, did not detect the attacker on their own but learned of it from a third party such as a supplier, customer, or law enforcement.
- "Ransomware" threat is on the rise, but the bad news is that Ransomware campaigns are easier to run, and now, a Ransomware kit is being offered by hackers for free for anyone to download and distribute the threat. (Ransomware: a type of computer virus that infects a target computer, encrypts their sensitive documents and files, and locks the out until the victim pays a ransom amount, most often in Bitcoins.)
- com predicts that “2016 will be the year of online extortion” and attackers are expected to redouble their efforts around online extortion, including the continued use and evolution of ransomware and extortion-focused attacks.
- Phishing emails account for 91% of internet attacks today. https://heimdalsecurity.com/blog/10-surprising-cyber-security-facts-that-may-affect-your-online-safety/