BIS EDUCATES LOCAL PENSACOLA BUSINESS EXECUTIVES ON BACKUP
AND DISASTER RECOVERY TO PROTECT AGAINST DISASTERS
Complimentary Luncheon for Pensacola Businesses
Robertsdale, AL (March 28, 2017) – Business Information Solutions (BIS), experienced IT security company on the Gulf Coast, will educate local business owners and top executives on the importance of backup and disaster recovery. This free luncheon will be held at The Fish House located at 600 S Barracks Street in Pensacola, Florida on Thursday, April 27th from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM.
Reservations are required and can be made by visiting askbis.com/seminar or calling 251.410.7601.
InfraScale reported that natural disasters alone account for 35% of all downtime. With their presentation, BIS will discuss how to create an effective disaster recovery plan for when disaster strikes like a hurricane, tornado, flood or fire.
Who Should Attend?
Business owners, executives and managers should attend the event especially if they are interested in protecting their confidential company information from natural disasters and cyber threats such as Ransomware, phishing emails and hackers.
The CEO of Business Information Solutions, Phillip Long, will discuss how to create a disaster recovery plan that will keep your organization in business when a disaster strikes as well as the two-step backup system to have in place.
“Honestly, I couldn’t imagine losing 15 years’ worth of files,” said Long, owner of BIS. “It would take thousands of hours to recreate everything from the ground up and I’m not even sure our business would be able to survive such a devastating blow. Boston Computing Network did a study and found that there’s a 60% chance a company will go out of business within six months after losing a substantial amount of data. I’m sorry, but that’s not a risk I’m willing to take when it comes to my data.” (Photo: Phillip Long)
Long continues, “That’s why I’m hosting this event for the business community. I would hate to see other organizations close their doors after years in business because they didn’t have a disaster recovery plan in place and weren’t backing up their files properly. With this presentation, businesses will be prepared when disaster strikes.”
To learn more about this educational seminar, visit www.askbis.com/seminar.
About Business Information Solutions
Business Information Solutions, a division of BIS Technology Group, is a full-service IT support company specializing in comprehensive IT solutions to businesses on the Gulf Coast. Learn more by calling 251.943.1744 or visiting askbis.com. BIS is based in Robertsdale, AL.
About BIS Technology Group
BIS Technology Group is the technology leader on the Gulf Coast and is comprised of four divisions: information technology, web design & digital marketing, office equipment and business consulting. Together these divisions help local businesses exceed expectations and allow them to group to their full potential while minimizing risks. To learn more about BIS Technology Group, visit bistechnologygroup.com.
FACT SHEET on disaster recovery
1. The Insurance Company, Inc found that around 60% of laptops and 30% of desktops are damaged accidentally. Source: http://www.efolder.net/blog/dont-be-an-april-fool-back-up-your-data/
2. If a business suffers substantial data loss, Boston Computing Network states that there’s a 60% chance that the business will go out of business within six months. Source: http://www.efolder.net/blog/dont-be-an-april-fool-back-up-your-data/
3. On average, it takes a business 18.5 hours to recover from a disaster. Source: https://www.infrascale.com/25-disaster-recovery-statistics-for-2015-infographic/
4. According to a study by CERN, software corruption happens in one out of 1,500 files. Source: eFolder eBook 5 Common Disasters that Strike
5. The National Small Business Association found that 50% of all small businesses will fall victim to a cyber crime. Source: eFolder eBook 5 Common Disasters that Strike
6. Natural disasters account for 35% of downtime.