Most People Have Done This:
Have You Ever Lost Your Laptop or Had It Stolen?
Here’s What You Need to Do:
Be proactive by:
- Encrypting your data.
- Password-protecting your device.
- Backing up your files on a daily basis.
Do the Following to Mitigate the Damage:
- Notify your IT department about your lost or stolen device. We’ll be able to change your password and lock applications.
- If you’re still worried about your lost or stolen device, we can remotely wipe your device to make sure that no one can gain access to confidential company data stored on your computer or in applications.
- Change all of your passwords for every website you log into, most importantly your bank and company file sync solutions.
- If your device had any patient health information on it, then contact your attorney to see what you need to do according to the law.
At the end of the day, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. We’ll encrypt and back up your data as well as remotely monitor your software on all of your mobile devices. Put a password requirement or pin-code lock on your device that will lock after 10 minutes of inactivity. Make sure you always log out of websites when you’re finished using them.